After getting up, many people have a cup of coffee for breakfast. There is, however, an excellent substitute for caffeine. Indeed, hot lemon water is full of benefits for our body, especially during the winter period! It is also effortless to prepare: you just have to pour the juice of half a lemon into a cup of hot water.
The Benefits of Drinking Hot Lemon Water for Our Body
Hot lemon water drunk on an empty stomach is perfect for our body. This drink brings a lot of benefits:
- It strengthens our immune system: In fact, lemon is rich in vitamin C. It, therefore, helps us fight colds. It is also a source of potassium.
- Our nervous functions and our brain are then stimulated. It also helps us control our blood pressure.
- It balances our pH: Drinking hot lemon water reduces the acidity of our body. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods there is. This is because even though it is citric, it does not create acidity.
It helps us lose weight: Thanks to its pectin fibre, lemon fights hunger and anxiety. Following a more alkaline diet will help you lose weight much faster.
- It contributes to proper digestion: Indeed, drinking lemon water helps eliminate the unwanted matter. What’s more, this drink also encourages the production of bile. All of this helps reduce constipation problems as well as heartburn.
- It is an excellent diuretic: This drink helps cleanse the body. It helps us release toxins more efficiently. We, therefore, improve the health of our urinary tract.
- It relieves respiratory problems: With the mixture of hot water and lemon, you can get rid of chest infections. You will then stop coughing. This drink is beneficial for fighting asthma and allergies.
The Other Benefits
In addition to the properties and benefits listed above, there are other benefits to be mentioned. Drinking a glass of this preparation every morning will help you:
- Cleanse your skin. Vitamin C also makes wrinkles and blemishes disappear, and it also removes toxins from the blood. All of this is then seen on our surface. We can apply the preparation directly to our face, as this will help it to look better.
- Refresh your breath. It is also an excellent remedy for toothaches, as well as gingivitis. Be careful, though, as the acid in the lemon can damage your tooth enamel.
- Keep you in a zen state. When your mind is taken up by stress, your body loses its vitamin C. Thanks to lemon, and you can recover it and return to an optimal level.
- Put aside the lousy coffee habit. Your craving for caffeine will decrease. You won’t need to load your breakfasts with this stuff. Your start to the day will, therefore, be much healthier!