Thanks to the properties of its active substances, vinegar is an excellent remedy to put an end to the nail fungal infections that affect the nails both externally and internally.
Fungus on the nails, known as onychomycosis in medical terms, is an infection caused by dermatophyte-type yeast infections, which quickly increase on both the hands and feet. Baking soda can help beat them.
Since these areas are in continuous contact with heat and humidity, microorganisms maintain optimal conditions for their reproduction and can attack without a problem.
As a result, the nails develop visible and unsightly alterations, as well as uncomfortable symptoms like reddening, itching, and flaking of the skin and its surroundings.
Fortunately, there are ingredients with antimycotic effects. They can be used to control infection without the need for harsh chemicals.
Among them, we find the prodigious baking soda, a natural product whose domestic and medicinal applications are known throughout the world.
In this article, we want to explain to you why this ingredient is useful in this case and how to apply it to get benefits in a short time.
Baking Soda to Treat Nail Fungus
Before knowing baking soda and the treatment that results from it to fight against nail fungus, it is therefore important to emphasize that its effects are not immediate.
While this product fights mycoses from the first application, their total elimination does not take place overnight.
This is why it is essential to be consistent in their use and to follow the necessary recommendations to deal with the problem at the root.
Also, it is necessary to stimulate its properties with apple cider vinegar, an antifungal ingredient that brings many benefits to the feet.
Both of these products are often already in kitchens or can be purchased at any supermarket.
- 6 cups of water (1.5 liters)
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar (125 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda (30 g)
- Heat the water to a temperature that is bearable for the feet.
- Add the half cup of apple cider vinegar and pour the liquid into a large container.
- Then, soak your feet in the preparation and leave them there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After the time is up, dry your nails thoroughly and rub them with a paste of baking soda.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse it off.
- Use gentle, circular massages to exfoliate both the surface of the nails and the surrounding skin.
- Repeat this treatment every night, until the appearance of your affected nails improves.
- Optionally, you can moisten your nails with lemon baking soda or hydrogen peroxide to increase the fungal effect.
Why use Baking Soda to Treat Nail Fungus?
Baking soda is a white powder that has been used for a very long time, both in the kitchen and in the household. It is known for its antiseptic, antifungal, and chemical properties, which serve as a supplement to treat many types of infections. Its topical applications are well known, especially as a natural exfoliant or as an allergy remedy.
It also decreases skin infections. Also, it has active substances that reduce the presence of yeast infections on the skin and inside the nails. It must also be said that it is a natural deodorant. Thus, it is, therefore, ideal for neutralizing bad odors and excessive sweating on the feet.
What Do You Need to Know to Fight Fungus Nail?
So baking soda is beneficial in relieving this infection. However, other essential recommendations should not be overlooked to achieve the desired effects.
- Thus, during treatment, damp and closed environments should be avoided. They can promote the development of yeast infections.
- It is, therefore, essential to wear open and ventilated shoes, which prevent the build-up of sweat and bacteria.
- It is essential to dry your feet and hands thoroughly after each wash. This is because the remains of water promote the growth of fungi.
- Washing and disinfecting manicure and pedicure utensils will prevent the infection from spreading to natural nails.
Do you continue to suffer from this condition? If, despite treatment and advice, the fungi continue to increase, see a doctor for other alternatives.
The most important thing is to treat them in time so that they do not become a more serious and challenging problem.